City College will close today, January 26, 2015, at 3 p.m. due to inclement weather. Only essential personnel are expected to report to or remain at work for regular business hours. The college is closed Tuesday, January 27, 2015. Only essential personnel report to work.
Fall Semester Scholarship Award
The Sharon D. Cosloy Scholarship in Biology
The Cosloy-Blank family has established an undergraduate research scholarship of at least $2,000 in the memory of Professor Sharon D. Cosloy, former Chair of the Biology Department, respected researcher, and dedicated mentor and teacher.
- Biology major with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Previous work on a laboratory research project for at least two semesters (12hrs/week) or one summer (35hrs/week) and continuation of laboratory research in the academic year 2014-2015.
- Demonstrated interested in Molecular and Cell biology, Biochemistry and/or Bacterial Genetics.
- An interest in continuing research activity in a scientific professional career.
Please submit the application form no later than Friday, October 3, 2014 in person at Marshak 526 or via email to email@example.com. No exceptions!
Spring Semester Scholarship Awards
2. The Professor William Stratford Prize- to the student demonstrating the greatest proficiency in both course work in Zoology and Zoological Research. Names of candidates are presented to the Committee on Student Selections by the Committee on Honors and Independent Studies.3. The Professor Martin Sacks/Sylvia F. Rubin Award- to the graduating senior or Masters student demonstrating the greatest proficiency in research in Environmental Science. Names of candidates are presented to the Committee on Student Selections by the Committee in Honors and Independent Studies.
4. The August Anthony Gavasci Award- to a student demonstrating promise in research in the fields of Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or Cell Biology. A submitted paper is not required. Names of candidates may be presented to the Committee by the Committee on Honors and Independent Studies or by individual members of the department.
5. The Professor Paul L. Krupa Award for Excellence in Research- to the student completing Honors and Independent Studies who demonstrates the greatest proficiency in Research. Name of candidates are presented to the Committee by the Committee on Honors and Independent Studies.
6. The Professor Joseph Grossfield Award- to a graduating molecular biology major with a strong interest in the humanities.
7. Olivia McKenna Award- to a graduating senior who demonstrates proficiency in Neurobiology.
1.The Edmund Baermann Scholarship in Natural Sciences- to the student completing the Biology core with the best performance in his/her courses. Candidates are selected from grade sheets for Biology 228 and 229, and examination of transcripts.
2. The Professor Paul Margolin Scholarship- to a sophomore or junior who demonstrates creativity in research. Names of candidates may be presented to the Committee by the Committee on Honors and Independent Studies or by individual members of the department.3. The Professor Jess Hanks Award- to a sophomore or Junior, completing Biology 228, who demonstrates exceptional potential for the study of Environmental Sciences.