City College will close today, January 26, 2015, at 3 p.m. due to inclement weather. Only essential personnel are expected to report to or remain at work for regular business hours. The college is closed Tuesday, January 27, 2015. Only essential personnel report to work.
Our purchasing policies aim to comply with New York State's Executive Order 4 which requires purchasing sustainable products, such as: 100 percent post-consumer recycled paper products; Energy Star equipment, environmentally friendly hydraulic fluids for use on outdoor trash compactors; double-yield toner cartridges; "Green" cleaning and custodial products; and hybrid vehicles. Our food service vendor, Metropolitan, has added sustainable clauses into the contracts negotiated with suppliers. They also comply with our policies on using environmentally friendly cleaning supplies and paper products for our dining rooms.
Since the onset of our CCNY Green Taskforce, our dining rooms no longer use Styrofoam products, and we continue to research biodegradable packaging.
- Implemented "green only" cleaning products.
- Increased purchase of recycled items form Staples from 15 % to 18 % for the years 2010 and 2011.
- Purchased computers, carpets and furniture that can be recycled.
- Increase purchase of recycled items by another 3 %.
- Continue to meet the college's paper needs while maintaining compliance with NYS Executive Order 4.
- Obtaining best prices using existing General Service Contractors and EcoLogo certified brands.
- Continue to purchase computers and furniture that can be recycled.
- Purchase rubber products made from recycled rubber where available, feasible and practical.