Position Description and Duties
academic research in connection with CUNY programs; may assist faculty, staff,
and students in conducting research and lead research efforts involving
- Develops research plans and proposals and participates in acquiring funding
- Collects, analyzes, and assures validity of data
- Writes progress reports; writes and publishes findings
- Collaborates with internal and external colleagues
- Adheres to standards for safety and hygiene and ethical conduct as defined by
the University and relevant outside parties
out independent research at the particle and continuum level on the mechanics
and rheology of particle suspensions. This is a one-year appointment, with
reappointment possible for one additional year.
offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents
based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and
Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or
semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits
are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
Qualifications and Requirements
Degree in a related field and demonstrated research ability.
in physics, mathematics, physical chemistry, materials science, engineering, or
a related field, with an outstanding record of accomplishment. Availability to
start on September 1, 2012 is desirable.