Position Description and Duties
enrollment processes and related functions.
- Collaborates with management team in the development of admission and
enrollment goals, strategies, and initiatives; participates in planning
- Analyzes and interprets quantitative and qualitative student enrollment data
to prepare reports for management.
- Recommends and implements improvements to existing technical systems and
- Serves as resource reference to interpret and comply with University and
College enrollment policies.
- Prepares and reviews student communication materials.
- May coordinate aspects of student entry from point of allocation to include
orientation, advisement, and collection of admitted student documents.
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Specialist
position will work in the Center for Worker Education - Interdisciplinary
In addition to the duties above, responsibilities include:
- Serve as a resource to provide program information to students.
- Provide referrals to student services on-site and at City College's main
campus including financial aid, tutoring, library, computer services,
psychological counseling, and career services.
- Assist students with resolving transcript and registration issues.
- Prepare graduation audit for all Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Arts
- Coordinate recruitment efforts for the Center for Worker Education.
- Continue and evaluate existing recruitment strategies and recommend new ones
- Work closely with the Admissions Coordinator to stay apprised of current
admissions policies and update recruitment materials.
- Develop relationships with labor, public sector, non-profit, community, and
community college constituencies.
- Liaise with the City College Office of Admissions about college fairs and
other recruitment opportunities.
- Assist with facilitating admissions workshops.
offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents
based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and
Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or
semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits
are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
Qualifications and Requirements
Degree and four years' related experience required.
degree is preferred. The successful candidate for this position will:
- Have experience working with adults in a higher education academic setting
- Demonstrate the ability to relate to students and encourage them to fulfill
their potential and achieve their academic and career goals
- Be a strong verbal and written communicator
- Have superior organizational skills
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively with a staff of professional
colleagues, faculty, and support staff
- Exercise initiative and be able to work independently
- Be computer-literate in Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications
- Experience with social media