Leadership and Special Education
The mission statement of The City College School of Education of The City University of the City of New York is to prepare knowledgeable, reflective, caring educators who are committed to teaching and leading in diverse communities in urban settings. There are five strands within the mission statement that permeate the curriculum and pedagogy of the program. They are:
- Educating for and about diversity
- Developing in-depth knowledge about the world
- Becoming skillful, reflective practitioners
- Promoting leadership for learning
- Building caring communities
Prospective students wishing further information for specific programs should click on the appropriate link on the left side menu. We hope that this Website will provide the information necessary to help you to meet your goal to become a teacher or administrator.