B.Pharm., 1962, M.S., 1966, University of Rajasthan, India;
Ph.D., 1971, University of Toronto, Canada
- Exploration of hypo-functioning glutamatergic activity in the development of symptoms of schizophrenia and potential involvement of this system in the actions of new therapeutic agents with fewer adverse motor effects on individuals with psychosis.
- The role of the glutamatergic system in the neuro-degeneration and loss of cognitive function in a transgenic mouse model for Alzheimer's disease.
- Participation of the glutamate system in the development of Parkinson's disease.
- Protection against cocaine induced teratogenicity by drugs that diminish glutamatergic activity.
- Flynn, K.M., Schreibman, M.P., Yablonsky-Alter, E., and Banerjee, S.P. Sexually dimorphic development and binding characteristics of NMDA receptors in the brain of the platyfish. General and comparative Endocrinology. 1999, Vol. 115: 282-291.
- Yablonsky-Alter, E., Gashi, E., Lidsky, T.I., Wang, H.Y., Banerjee, S.P., 2005. Clozapine protection against gestational cocaine-induced neurochemical abnormalities. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 312, 297-302.
- Agovic, M.S., Yablonsky-Alter, E., Lidsky, T.I., Banerjee, S.P., 2008. Mechanisms for metoclopramide-mediated sensitization and haloperidol-induced catalepsy in rats. Eur J Pharmacol 587, 181-186.
- Yablonski-Alter, E., Agovic, M., Gashi, E., Lidsky, T.I., Friedman, E., Banerjee, S.P. (2009) Cocaine challenge enhances release of neuroprotective amino acid taurine in the striatum of chronic cocaine treated rats: a microdialysis study. Brain Res. Bull. (manuscript in press).
Last Updated: 8/4/11