Welcome to The CCNY Office of Study Abroad & International Programs
The City College of New York has a variety of opportunities that run from semester-long programs in Europe, to short-term programs during the winter and summer sessions in various locations throughout the world. CCNY also offers International Service-Learning programs through which students intern in countries with communities in need that can offer an enriching environment of collaboration. Some of these programs offer homestays with host families, and field trips to places of historical and cultural interest. All of them give you the opportunity to earn academic credit for offered courses, or for research and experiential learning.
CUNY-Wide Study Abroad Directory >>
Application for CCNY Study Abroad Programs
The New CCNY Study Abroad & Exchange Programs Application Form (pdf) is now available.
Study Abroad Notices
- Info session for the Summer 2013 International Service-Learning Program in the Dominican Rep. is scheduled for Thursday, March 7th, 2013 from 12:30-2:00pm in NAC 5/216.
- Info session for the CUNY/Paris Exchange (pdf) is scheduled for Thursday, March 14th, 2013 from 12:30-2:00pm in NAC 5/225.
- CCNY is proud to announce its membership in the Global E3 consortium, a new semester exchange program for engineering and computer science majors in 17 countries throughout the world. The CCNY campus deadline to apply for Fall or Year-long participation in the Global E3 Exchange Program will be FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2013.
- Get to know your study abroad advisors: Ms. Ninive Gomez, Program Manager, along and Mr. Kenneth Yanes, Associate Director, are here to help you with any questions you may have regarding exciting opportunities overseas. Never hesitate to contact them.
- There are extended office hours until 6:00pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays for your convenience.
Upcoming Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities
- Study/Travel Opportunities for CUNY Students (STOCS) Summer 2013 Scholarship: Applications are reviewed by a committee of CUNY faculty and administrators. Grants range from $1,000 to $1,650. Judges base their selections on two main criteria: the benefit of the program to the student's studies and career plan and financial need. Students with a family income of more than $75,000 are not eligible. DEADLINE: MARCH 18, 2013.
- Gilman International Scholarship for Summer 2013: The Summer 2013 application cycle is for programs beginning between May 1, 2013 and August 1, 2013 that are a minimum of four weeks in length. You must meet with a study abroad advisor before you apply. DEADLINE: MARCH 5, 2013.
- Gilman International Scholarship for Fall 2013 or Academic Year 2013-2014: The Fall 2013/AY 2013-2014 application cycle is for programs beginning between July 15 and October 15, 2013. This cycle encompasses fall semester, quarter, academic year programs that are a minimum of four weeks in length.You must meet with a study abroad advisor before you apply. DEADLINE: MARCH 5, 2013.
For more information on funding opportunities, please visit www.StudyAbroadFunding.org.
Summer Programs 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2013
Winter Programs 2013-2014
Semester & Academic Year Exchange Programs
Like CCNY Study Abroad on Facebook!
The CUNY/Paris Exchange Program
offers all full-time CUNY students of all disciplines (undergraduates and graduates) the unique opportunity to study at one of the Universities of Paris for one or two semesters.
Students are placed at the various participating French Universities based on their proficiency in French, their area of specialization, and their class standing. Credits earned for courses taken abroad are applicable toward the CUNY degree.
Among the disciplines offered at Paris Universities are the following: art and art history; business and management; cinema and theatre; computer science; economics; engineering and technology; history; linguistics, literature, and translation; political science; psychology; sociology; urban studies; and women's studies.
Study Abroad & Int'l Progs, NAC 5/216
Dean Juan Carlos Mercado, Director
Kenneth Yanes, Associate Director
Ninive Gomez, Program Manager
Advising Hours - Spring 2013
M: 9:000am - 5:00pm
T: 9:00am - 5:00pm
W: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Th: 9:00am - 6:00pm
F: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Study Abroad alumni are eager to share their experience upon reentry!
Many of our alumni continue their studies at impressive graduate schools such as the CUNY Graduate Center, Flechter School of International Affairs at Tufts, SIPA Columbia, School for Oriental and African Studies at the University of London, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies of Geneva, Sciences Politiques - Paris, etc.
Follow us for more updates on info sessions, tabling events and student presentations during CCNY Club Hours on Thursdays from 12pm to 2pm.