To be competitive in today’s job market, candidates must have relevant industry experience. The best way to gain this experience is through internships. STEM-CDI is developing a network of alumni, faculty and industry partners to identify meaningful internships for its participants. The goal is for you to develop skills, knowledge and a professional network.
STEM-CDI will work with each participant to identify appropriate internships and advise them throughout the application and interview process. Our goal is to find a meaningful internship for every participant.
One of the realities of summer internships is that many (and most of the good ones) are unpaid. We realize that this causes many outstanding students to forego an internship because the prospect of lost income is just not financially possible. STEM-CDI is able to offer a STEM-CDI Summer Internship Stipend to any participant whose ideal internship turns out to be unpaid.
Our participants were offered internships and research assistantships with the following organizations:
- New York State Department of Transportation
- Metropolitan Transit Authority
- Wildlife Conservation Society (Central Park Zoo)
- Lower East Side Harm Reduction Center
- Preserve our Legacy Cord Blood Program
- Alliance for Lupus Research
- NYU Biomedical Research Lab
- Suffolk County Water Authority